Tenório is the tuna top range brand of Cofaco. Cofaco Açores has a steady reputation on quality for its brands and is present both in the national and international markets.
If on the one hand history has enabled Cofaco know-how in tuna canning, being tuna its ever flagship product on the other hand the prime location (Azores-Islands of Pico and São Miguel) on the heart of Atlantic where the Tuna passes in its migration routes, enabled Cofaco to crave for delivering the best tuna selection and particularly the juiciest part of the tuna - Ventresca.
Tenório tuna offers great quality fillets. These tasty fillets are very nice in fancy dishes or in cold appetizing salads for light meals.A must have summertime food.
Canned fish, specially canned tuna, present a nutritious variety for your diet, supplying a source of first quality proteins, as well as unsaturated fats (the good fat) and thus overcoming the saturated fats of unhealthy origin, without them Our body won't function properly without this fat. That’s why Tuna ndicated as a functional food, therefore essential to our organism it contains Ω3, Fatty Acids, a type of polisaturated fat, proteins, vitamins A, D, B3,B6 and B12 complex, mineral salts (Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Zinc and Magnesium).
Canned Tuna has always been the flagship product of the company. It is one of the leading portuguese canning companies striving for quality, tradition and trust.
Since remote times, fishing has been one greatest nourishment sources of mankind. The richness of marine resources was thought to be an unlimited gift of nature. However, with the increase of the knowledge and dynamic development of fishing techniques, this myth has disappeared along with the intensive use of the marine source, which although renewable, are not infinite. This resource needs to be well managed in order to make its contribute to the well being of society sustainability - its exploration nowadays should be done in a responsible way uncompromising its use by future generations.
In Azores traditional and craft fishing are predominant, such as the use of a line and a hook, causing the least environmental impact possible and giving origin to great potential products in terms of quality.
The Certification of this fisheries, as well as the final products, using green stamps, also know as EcoLabeling (Dolphin Safe, POPA , Friend of the Sea ) reassures the consumer of its superior quality and sustainable fishing.
Ultra-modern technology, conservation of the fresh product's nutritional value, great bacteriological security
- Canned fish does not have any additives or preservatives.
- Canned products are absolutely fresh, the factories are nearby the oceans where the fish come from: straight from the ocean to the can.
- These products are canned by sterilization, a thermal process that eliminates completely the most resistant microbiotic species and toxins.
- Strict control: the process of canned has to follow more than forty European directives that rule the process since the capture of the fish itself until it is placed for sale. In Cofaco Açores, the production control system is considered to be one of the most demanding ones in the world: the risk analysis and critical control points: HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point).
- The material used in the cans is 100% recyclable and it is the most recycled package material in Europe.